Acupuncture is a traditional medical treatment which was originated in China. It is one of the oldest and most used medications and is still in practice not only in the Eastern countries but in the western part of the world as well. In the early 70s, this form of medical practice spread from China to various parts of the world and started to gain global recognition. This medical protocol is originally meant to channel the flow of energy in your body and establish balance in your body by correcting energy imbalances. This method was earlier used to diagnose respiratory diseases and treat them, reduce pain and improve general health and immunity of the body.
As said by traditional acupuncture experts, the major purpose of this medieval method is to modify and channel the flow of energy or also called “chi” to create balance and stability in the body, however, there is no scientific proof which claims whether this mechanism is true or not. However, the numerous benefits of this treatment have made it so popular all around the world.
Things to Expect When Visiting an Experienced Practitioner of Acupuncture:
- The traditional treatment mainly aims to harness energy in the body, treat the imbalance in the energy flow and over-all interaction of your body. This is so that the physical diseases can be identified and treated with precision. All of this requires a very comprehensive and detailed assessment of your medical history.
- You can expect the practitioner to ask you questions which are nowhere related to your primary problems. However, all of them are essential so that the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) can be effectively put into practice to achieve the desired end results.
- You can expect a series of additional treatments along with this process of acupuncture such as massages, herbal medicines and ointments and other usual formalities.
Benefits of Acupuncture Treatment:
- Reduces Pain and Stress – One of the most popular reasons why acupuncture is used across the world. With the help of numerous experiments on various occasions, it is safe to say that this method helps in releasing up to 15% of body pain, especially chronic back pain which could have been due to various reasons, such as tight muscles, old injuries, stress, etc.
- Helps in Relief of Migraines – Another famous and extensive benefit of taking acupuncture treatment is it helps to get rid of headaches and migraines. In a recent study, it has been proven that this therapy not only helps in reducing the pain but also reduces its frequency. The study shows that this traditional method has brought a significant impact on one’s health compared to other western medicines and therapies.
- Helps To Cope with Anxiety – There have been numerous studies which have proved that the traditional Chinese method helps in treating anxiety. Like most of the other benefits which have not been scientifically proven, treatment of anxiety disorder falls under the same category, however, the majority of the studies have claimed to have established a positive relationship between reduced anxiety and acupuncture.
- Relief from Indigestion – Through various experiments and vigorous study, it has been medically proven that acupuncture helps in relieving indigestion and other stomach problems. With constant and regular therapy, one might be able to control and prevent signs of heartburn, insomnia, indigestion and other relating symptoms.
So far, it can be evidently seen that acupuncture has brought a revolution in the world of cure and treatment and it is expected that with further research and studies, this method can attain new heights.