I haven’t completely stopped playing yet, but my enthusiasm for the game has taken a nose-dive. The game BnS I absolutely love but it is becoming clear NC is a problem.
I have 3 accounts. 1 Premium, 1 formerly Premium and a F2P. I’m cancelling Premium on my final account when it expires for several reasons. I haven’t even logged into my other 2 accounts for nearly a month.
1. First and foremost is the way NC is managing this game. Lack of communication, poor customer support, and that every decision made seems to be centered around how to pad the bottom line instead of invigorating the player-base.
2. Hiding things that shouldn’t cost the player money behind things that actually cost the player money. The inter-account mail issue is probably the most glaring for me. Since launch we should have had the ability to mail our alts without charging NCoin. This broken system has been incredibly profitable for NC thus any time the subject is brought up, we are met with complete silence. EVERY SINGLE TIME I have sent a ticket about the inter-account mail system, the VERY FIRST RESPONSE from their CS is “Buy NCoin”. Another of these is the gem slot/gem hammer problem. Without any warning what so ever (people who played the other regions don’t count), NC implemented a system where items you purchase with RMT can be taken away with a simple RNG roll and will cost you 5-10X as much to replace at the level they are removed.
3. Progression Wall due to pushing out content so quickly. My first 45 was incredibly easy to gear in preparation to 50. My second 45 was incredibly easy to gear in preparation to 50. I have been leveling a new character that I started after the latest expansion patch and it is a complete nightmare. I am constantly underfunded for my level. I am having a hell of a time filling spots for (I can’t believe I’m going to use this word after only 3 months) “legacy” or leveling instances. Much of the materials used to fund progression pre-50 has been moved to out of reach areas or market priced out of range due to scarcity.
4. GameGuard. NC willfully installed a 3rd party rootkit with no 3rd party EULA, no way to uninstall completely without manually editing the registry, and has a history of conflicting with or disabling security software leaving player’s computers vulnerable. There has been much discussion on the forums and other venues about GG and it’s problems but some of my own have been things like: Frame stuttering, input lag, having to completely delete my razor software, random conflicts and closures of my AV and Firewall programs, and has even gone so far as to on several occasions close my Fan Control Software…. yes, GG wanted to let the Magic Smoke out of my CPU.
5. Upgrade Wall: alot of people and i mean alot of people are hitting the upgrade wall where they need 600 or more blade and soul gold JUST to upgrade to next tier, and that’s a daunting task, even if you do every daily that’s only what 30-40 bns gold a day? getting 600 is crazy i mean its kind of nuts…
So really, I would have loved to go all-in and spend my disposable income on this beautiful game, but because of the way NC has been managing this train wreck, I’m pulling out of funding anymore of their horrible decisions. It’s all the little things that add up over time so I’ll just go non-premium/F2P for now and see if they pull their heads out at some point in the future.
– See more at: http://www.blade-soul.com/news/the-reasons-why-some-blade-and-soul-players-quited-the-game#sthash.gTuKgoec.dpuf