Having confusion with the tier visa system in UK? Wondering how to get tier 4 student visa in UK. Then read this guide to get more information.
If you are interested in going to UK for education, entrepreneurship, job or other purposes, you would need a visa. But getting a visa in UK can be tough. In UK, visas are available point-based 5 tier visa system, which separates applicants to different tiers. That’s why it is recommended that you through a visa consultancy, which can calculate your points, help you file the visa application, choose the right visa for your requirements and support you through the process.
The different tiers of visas for UK are given below,
- Tier 1 Visa- Entrepreneur, Exceptional Talent, General, Graduate Entrepreneur
- Tier 2 Visa- General Visa, Intra-Company Transfer, Minister of Religion, Sportsperson, Priority Visa
- Tier 3- Unskilled Workers Visa (Discontinued)
- Tier 4 – student visa in UK
- Tier 5- Temporary Worker Visa
Tier 4 visa in particular is for the students. This is a general students’ visa that is offered for individuals above 16 years of age. The visa has following requirements,
- The student has been offered a place in a particular student. The offer should be unconditional
- The student has working knowledge of English (results of IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or other similar tests have to be shown)
- The student or their family has enough money to support education and living expenses
- The applicant is not from European Economic Area or Switzerland
When to apply for the Visa
Applicants can apply for the visa up to 3 months before the start date for their course. The decision on the visa is available within 3 weeks. However, this duration or processing time can differ for different countries. The fees for tier 4 student visa in UK is £322 per person and £322 for any dependents thereafter.
What can a student do while they are on this visa?
- Apply for extended stay
- Work- depending on the course and sponsor
What a student can’t do on this visa?
- Get public funds
- Study at a local authority funded school
- Work as a professional sportsperson
- Do a full-time job
How to get Tier 4 Visa?
Visa processes can be quite hassling. And that’s why, if you plan to get a Tier 4 visa, you must consider hiring a consultancy. They can file the application for you and ensure that the process is streamlined. Consider approaching them before or after applying for your education and you can get everything sorted out without a hassle. The consultancy can also simplify any immigration problems, allowing you to live, work and later even settle in UK. Since Tier 4 visa isn’t on point-based system, ensure that you get your English language score, or display competency in English language to make the process easier.
If you have any dependents that you would like to bring to UK, ask your consultancy for support and the right course of action.
CTA- Have any queries about the Tier system for Visa in UK? Share below